Oscillations and Waves: An Introduction (2nd Edition)
Python Scripts for Chapter 1
- index.txt: A more detailed desrcitption of the scripts.
- shm.py: A widget whose purpose is to illustrate the solution of the simple harmonic oscillator equation.
The widget shows how the standard solution
depends on the choice of the amplitude, the frequency, and the phase angle.
- shmani.py: An animation whose purpose is to illustrate simple harmonic oscillation. The animation freezes at the four
cardinal points of the oscillation on mouse clicks.
- shmenergy.py: An animation whose purpose is to illustrate energy flows in simple harmonic oscillation.
The animation freezes on mouse clicks.
- shmcircle.py: An animation to illustrate the relationship between simple harmonic and
circular motion. The animation freezes on mouse clicks.